Any gift can be made in honor or memory of special loved ones!
1. Make an outright gift of cash or appreciated securities. Gifts can be directed to support annual operating expenses, provide scholarships for deserving students, support capital projects, or to The First Tee endowment. The advantages to you include: your gift is 100% tax deductible for income tax purposes, and you can save on capital gains tax if the asset is appreciated. Click here for the donation form or Click here to donate online.
Please note that all donations are now being given under the name “Junior Golf Foundation of Virginia.” In western Virginia, there are three organizations dedicated to introducing golf and related life lessons to children that deserve your support. The three beneficiary organizations of the Junior Golf Foundation of Virginia share a commitment to junior golf. All have been successfully operating for at least six years and have relied on the generous financial support of the business and golf community in the Roanoke Valley. The goal of the Foundation is to consolidate the fundraising activities and achieve economies in fundraising costs and to avoid multiple asks of donors.
2. Donate your “good as new” equipment. Call 563.1833 to arrange a time to drop off at our facility.
3. Leave a legacy By naming The First Tee of Roanoke Valley among the beneficiaries of your:
* Retirement Account
* Life Insurance Policy
You will ensure that this wonderful place will stand forever as the perfect setting for providing quality instruction in a welcoming environment that encourages participants to achieve their potential.
Why support The First Tee of Roanoke Valley
Support a caring, supervised, and safe environment for Roanoke Valley youth to spend free time
Encouraging Academic Success
Emphasizing Physical Exercise
Why does The First Tee need an Endowment?
The First Tee of Roanoke Valley places a special emphasis on providing quality instruction to those kids who otherwise may not have an opportunity to experience the game of golf. Every participant who receives free or reduced lunch at public school is eligible for a scholarship. The First Tee program benefits participants by offering a caring, supervised, and safe environment to spend free time, emphases physical exercise, and encourages academic success.
A gift to The First Tee of the Roanoke Valley’s endowment will keep alive the goal of putting a golf club in the hand of every youngster in the Valley – and providing our youth with the classroom and green grass learning opportunities for them to acquired common values and skills required for golf and full-filling life.
“By building character, we lay the foundation that young people need to meet the many challenges throughout life”
-Joe Louis Barrow Jr., executive director of The First Tee
Ways to contribute to The First Tee of Roanoke Valley’s Endowment:
- Name The First Tee of Roanoke Valley as a beneficiary of your will.
- Name The First Tee of Roanoke Valley as a beneficiary of your retirement plan.
- Name The First Tee of Roanoke Valley as a beneficiary of your life insurance
- Establish a Charitable Remainder Trust.
- Establish a Charitable Lead Trust.